Thursday, April 18, 2013

Member Spotlight: Heidi Morrow, past Board Chair


I joined the Women’s Forum after attending a particularly moving conference for women and I thought “We should do this this at UK”. Someone put me in touch with the Women’s Forum who were already planning such a conference. I was passionate about Women’s issues and wanted to do more for women at UK, that I ran and was elected to the board.

The most rewarding aspect of Women’s Forum is getting to meet so many amazing women at UK and getting to make a difference in their lives, from planning the conference topics, to the Sarah Bennett Holmes Award, and the monthly presentations – I am always impressed with the top notch women who are employed at UK.

My advice is to get involved! Your input is so valuable. Get involved, stay involved and make a difference!

We are currently accepting self-nominations for the 2013-15 term.  You can find the nomination form here.  Nominations will be accepted through April 26th.  During this period, we will spotlight various board members so you can "meet" some of the amazing UK staff that are part of this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment